latest Openmoko/GTA04 tinkering: wireless charger
H. Nikolaus Schaller
2016-12-31 16:30:57 UTC
I spent some time to develop a Qi charger for the GTA01/02/04 devices
and here its is:

Enjoy and happy new year,
Nikolaus
Boudewijn
2017-01-01 13:35:58 UTC
Post by H. Nikolaus Schaller
I spent some time to develop a Qi charger for the GTA01/02/04 devices
http://youtu.be/LsSdDYHx7d4
Thank you for making the video, it is always nice to see the lights blink :-)
Post by H. Nikolaus Schaller
Enjoy and happy new year,
Happy new year everyone!

Boudewijn
Sebastian Reinhardt
2017-01-01 17:58:39 UTC
Post by H. Nikolaus Schaller
Hi,
I spent some time to develop a Qi charger for the GTA01/02/04 devices
http://youtu.be/LsSdDYHx7d4
Enjoy and happy new year,
Nikolaus
Cool! This is an cool feature most other phones did not offer!

But I prefer an "internal" solution to preserve the USB-port. Is it
possible to use this pcb to insert it to the place there the additional
sensor-/ navigation- board was installed in GTA02- version?

Then we can connect it with the RS232- pins, as You proposed before? The
only problem left is, we need a solution for the antenna/ coil. Maybe we
can use an little bit thicker back-/ battery-cover made by an 3D-printer
(like an modified cover based on "slyon's")?

Go on!

My wishes for 2017:

- lets make QtMoKo working complete with exiting hardware (incl. camera,
bluetooth,....) and Debian packages

- maybe an Replicant with complete support

- 2018: GTA06 (complete new hardware, to get rid of limitations like
obsolete hardware......) with sunlight-readable display, new LTE/GSM-hw,
Qi-receiver, ......

Happy new year for all "Moko"'er's
--
Kind regards