[Gta04-owner] QtMoko: a dream comes true :)
H. Nikolaus Schaller
2018-02-23 06:31:38 UTC
Sent again due to 40k message limit on this list...
Betreff: [Gta04-owner] QtMoko: a dream comes true :)
Datum: 21. Februar 2018 um 20:53:12 MEZ
Hi,
I am happy to announce that after years of
abandonment and obsolescence, QtMoko is back in
maintained mode.
After several failed attempts, we now have a git
tree and a build system where we can apply
modifications and accept patches. And we
need testers :)
Currently, we have a Wheezy and a Jessie based
(different git branches) and both run on the
GTA04(A3, A4, A5) with latest Letux kernels.
Basically QtMoko also starts and runs on the Pyra,
but there is nothing to see on the display yet.
It simply remains black...
Project Home: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-qtmoko/ <http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-qtmoko/> - also for reporting issues
Git: http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-qtmoko.git;a=heads <http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-qtmoko.git;a=heads>
Downloads: http://download.goldelico.com/letux-debian-rootfs/?C=M;O=D <http://download.goldelico.com/letux-debian-rootfs/?C=M;O=D> - look for *-qtmoko.tbz
Install on µSD: DEV=/dev/sdb ./makesd qtmoko - to install a Jessie based system
Letux-Debian: apt-get install letux-qtmoko - to install if you have installed a different Letux system
Here are screen photos of QtMoko/Jessie/Kernel-4.15.2
<pictures do not go through>
Some things are not yet working and missing and
some Apps crash after starting, but we are just at
the beginning to be able to fix things.
Of course our little team can't do all that alone.
We need you and the broader community to help with
coding, testing or simply donations if you appreciate
http://shop.goldelico.com/wiki.php?page=Product&product=9607 <http://shop.goldelico.com/wiki.php?page=Product&product=9607>
BR and thanks,
Nikolaus
Alexander .S.T. Ross
2018-02-23 10:25:54 UTC
Oh goodie! looking forward to flashing updated qtmoko :)
H. Nikolaus Schaller
2018-02-23 11:43:08 UTC
I would prefer it to be on github.
* github is a public place, where it is much more probable that your project can be discovered by the people who potentially can get involved, even if they did not know about the project before.
(many different ways - accidentally, or by following your friends' "likes", or by search, or by other means)
* github stimulates people to fork/make pull requests, this work is public, and it increases people's social status, when they contribute to the project on the public place, where it is noticeable by their community.
On the contrary, by keeping the separate, even public git tree, the chances to be discovored and contributed to are much lower.
Your wish is already fulfilled...

It is also (mirrored) on github:

https://github.com/goldelico/gta04-qtmoko

And the page http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-qtmoko.git lists it in the "URL" section as

***@github.com:goldelico/gta04-qtmoko.git

Hope this helps.

BR,
Nikolaus
Datum: 21. Februar 2018 um 20:53:12 MEZ
Kopie: List for Openmoko community discussion
Antwort an: List for communicating with real GTA04 owners
Project Home: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-qtmoko/ - also for
joerg Reisenweber
2018-02-23 11:52:22 UTC
Post by H. Nikolaus Schaller
And the page http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-qtmoko.git lists it in the "URL" section as
which is a verbatim quote and AIUI no correctly formed URL

/j
--
() ascii ribbon campaign
/\
http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii/ (German)
joerg Reisenweber
2018-02-23 11:56:07 UTC
Post by joerg Reisenweber
Post by H. Nikolaus Schaller
And the page http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-qtmoko.git lists it in the
"URL" section as
which is a verbatim quote and AIUI no correctly formed URL
/j
OOPS sorry, I even meant to suggest
H. Nikolaus Schaller
2018-02-23 11:58:12 UTC
Post by joerg Reisenweber
Post by H. Nikolaus Schaller
And the page http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-qtmoko.git lists it in the
"URL" section as
which is a verbatim quote and AIUI no correctly formed URL
AFAIK git automatically adds a git: prefix if you say

git clone ***@github.com:goldelico/gta04-qtmoko.git

BR,
Nikolaus
Neil Jerram
2018-02-23 14:18:45 UTC
Post by H. Nikolaus Schaller
Post by joerg Reisenweber
Post by H. Nikolaus Schaller
And the page http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-qtmoko.git lists it in the
"URL" section as
which is a verbatim quote and AIUI no correctly formed URL
AFAIK git automatically adds a git: prefix if you say
The git@ URL will only work for people who have write access to that
repo.  The https:// URL should work for everyone (for reading/cloning).

    Neil
Post by H. Nikolaus Schaller
BR,
Nikolaus
joerg Reisenweber
2018-02-25 06:32:25 UTC
Post by H. Nikolaus Schaller
AFAIK git automatically adds a git: prefix if you say
still looks like s':'/'
I.e.: ***@github.com/goldelico/gta04-qtmoko.git
--
() ascii ribbon campaign
/\
Norayr Chilingarian
H. Nikolaus Schaller
2018-02-23 12:00:12 UTC
How about GTA02? I'm not using it everyday, but I'd like to update software on it.
Sorry, but no plans. We have no recent kernel or build system for it.

But you can still compile and modify it yourself based on the original
qtmoko code.
Regards
Matteo Zaffonato
BR,
Nikolaus
dmitry
2018-02-25 21:37:17 UTC
Hi
I'm in this boat too. I'd like to build the last kernel for GTA2 at
least and then probably try to play with minimal Debian on it.

Could anybody point me to the most relevant "How to build kernel/
building system for GTA2" or so instruction/tutorial?

Unfortunately major links on wiki are dead.

thanks :)

Dmitry

Hi,